Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick Review


We absolutely HAD to snag all of the lipstick colors from Gerard Cosmetics to see what all the fuss was about (and because @ssssamanthaa inspired us to). I've gotta say, my first impression upon seeing and feeling the packaging was that- I did think they were a wee bit hyped up. The packaging IS absolutely gorgeous in those little gold bullets but doesn't feel as sturdy as you'd expect. They feel very light. Also, a few of the lipsticks wiggled in their tubes which I didn't care for. I kept finding myself turning the lipstick all the way up to make sure it was pushed down and would stay in place. BUT, I do understand the hype after actually applying them. The colors are ALL so beautiful and UNIQUE (again, that could be my excitement of wearing the same colors that I've been all googly eyed over ever since I saw @ssssamanthaa wear them). They don't have much of a smell, but they all apply incredibly smooth and creamy (even the matte colors). They have such a beautiful finish and all look incredible on. I have to say I am a huge Gerard Cosmetics fan after receiving them, and am determined to try all of the glosses now after how impressed I was with the lipstick outcome! Seriously guys and gals, I think you all will love these.


Swatches of a few Gerard Cosmetics lipsticks, lip glosses, and a combination of the two.


We currently have a discount code available to our followers where you can get any 4 lip products for $39 from www.gerardcosmetics.com! This makes each product $9.75 a piece! Just shop lip bundles > select the "just 4 you" bundle > choose your colors > enter code "dupe4you" at checkout to receive your discount!

We also have a discount code available to our followers where you can get any 2 lip products for $20 from www.gerardcosmetics.com! This makes each product $10 a piece! Just shop lip bundles > select the "create your own lip combo" bundle > choose your colors > enter code "dupethat2lips" at checkout to receive your discount!

We also have a discount code available for our followers where you can get 30% off your entire purchase on www.gerardcosmetics.com when you enter the code "dupe4you30" at checkout!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3
 The packaging is really light weight and a few of my bullets wiggle in their tubes. If the packaging was sturdier, these would be rated way higher as I love how glam my vanity looks with little gold bullets.
Scent
I cannot detect a scent. 
Application
There are shades that perform better than others. 
Pigmentation
 The lipsticks vary in finishes, which means they also vary in pigmentation.
Comfort
5
 These are incredibly comfortable on my lips.
Longevity
 The matte lipsticks last longer than the creamy ones, in my opinion.
Dupability (Originality)
 Gerard Cosmetics makes so many timeless, gorgeous, neutral shades- which can be hard to replicate. I give them a 5 in this category.

Overall Score: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment