Saturday, January 31, 2015

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review


First I want to thank @beautybuzzhub on Instagram for providing a color number guide. Because the best part of the Morphe Jaclynn Hill Favorites palette is that you can buy each individual eye shadow pan for $2! Okay, so my first impression was the usual "OH MY GOD, IT'S BEAUTIFUL" but swatching it really gave me mixed feelings. Looking at these colors, I love them all. Two of the coolest, most vibrant colors (#66 and #59) just had terrible color payoff (I even scraped my nail across to get more product and it barely helped). All of the shimmers are amazingly pigmented. I think that 2 out of the 28 eyeshadows not swatching well isn't SO bad. Some of the very pigmented colors were very soft and did have fallout. For some reason I didn't have this problem when I actually applied them to my eyes though. I really developed my true love for this palette after I wore it. They blended SO great, and the color payoff was really nice on my eyes. So we will give this palette an 8 out of 10. And I'm going to leave you with this: if you got the palette, I think it was worth the $27. If you didn't get the palette, you should relaly just pick what colors intrigued you and purchase them for $2. It's beautiful, but not really worth being sad you didn't get the palette.

Use the code "dupethat" to get 10% off your entire Morphe purchase!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
4.5
 The Jaclyn Hill favorites palette is slightly smaller than the traditional Morphe eye palettes and gets smudged and fingerprint-y easily, but I love the sleek and slim style of it.
Scent
N/A 
 Not applicable.
Application
The colors all  apply flawlessly. There's a reason these were Jaclyn Hill's faves!
Pigmentation
Perfect pigmentation. Say that five times fast. 
Comfort
 I don't feel these once they're applied.
Longevity
Morphe makes such great and long lasting products. 
Dupability (Originality)
 So, this palette is totally original just based on the fact that it is a compilation of Jaclyn Hill's favorite shadows. I haven't seen anything else like it on the market. However, the shadows can be bought individually since they are pre existing Morphe shadows. So, go on and make your own favorites palette!

Overall Score: 4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment