Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DollyMoo Body Scrub and Body Oils Review


We get requests left and right to post more skin care items, so our package from DollyMoo came at the perfect time! After all, we are your beauty central and want to post a wide variety of products for you! Anyway, before I even tried the products I thought DollyMoo was just about the cutest brand ever. They are two sisters who hand make small batches of all these wonderful, cruelty free products for the body, mind, and spirit. Pictured are a few of their body scrubs and body oils, and gosh they smell INCREDIBLE. The lavender and vanilla scents are my absolute favorites and are incredibly calming. We tested the scrub first, in the shower, which smells good enough to eat. While standing in the shower and looking at the ingredients wondering if I can eat this product (just wondering, I wasn't actually going to, guys) I noticed that the last ingredient is "Love." Again, so cute! The scrubs are pretty intense for exfoliating which I personally LOVE, none of those wimpy little beads in other "scrubs." Once rinsed, they leave your skin feeling crazy moisturized from all the essential oils they make it with! Even after drying off, I didn't really NEED to use the body oil because my skin was still so incredibly moisturized from the scrub. But whatever, I slapped some of that good smelling vanilla on and rubbed it on my legs. It gives you an instant warming, relaxing, calming feeling. That being said, body oil is probably my new favorite thing. It doesn't get on your clothes (JK I'm wearing pajamas) like I thought it would. Your skin really absorbs it. Now I'm sitting here writing this review for you all, smelling like a giant MAC lipstick (in the absolute best way), wanting to take a big cozy nap, and encouraging you all to check out DollyMoo and support small businesses. We have a few more DollyMoo products to review for you but what do you think? Do you want to see more reviews like this?

Body scrub score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
The glass jars hold a ton of product and are super high quality. 
Scent
Can I rate the scent higher than five? Obsessed. 
Application
These can be a little messy when applying as you dip your fingers in the jar. But hey, at least you're in the shower. 
Pigmentation
N /A
 Not applicable.
Comfort
This exfoliant is so incredibly heavenly and relaxing (unless you use it on freshly shaved legs. Ouch).
Longevity
 Has lasted for months!
Dupability (Originality)
 Handmade with love so these are one of a kind.


Overall Score: 4.7

Body Oil Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3 
 I rate the glass packaging lower here as I had one of my DollyMoo body oils shatter during shipment.
Scent
 Again, the scent is off the charts.
Application
 Perfect. Absorbs right into the skin and leaves you feeling relaxed and smooth as can be.
Pigmentation
N/A 
Not applicable. 
Comfort
I feel amazing comfy when I used this after the shower. 
Longevity
Has lasted for months! (and I still smell like vanilla well into the night).
Dupability (Originality)
Body oils are hard to come by, plus these are all handmade. 

Overall Score: 4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment