Thursday, February 26, 2015

House of Uni Liquid Lipstick Review


Sorry for the lack of dupes the past few days but we've had so many new products we've been dying to share with you! These are the new House of Uni liquid lipsticks! They run $12 a piece which is super affordable for a liquid to matte lipstick! I really like this product. I do think that red liquid to mattes are a little overplayed, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with how good it looked (then I remembered why red liquid to mattes are so popular). The real color star here is "Star Struck." It's our absolute favorite of the bunch! It's a gorgeous hot pinky fuchsia color but it has a slight blue iridescence to it, which is super unique for a liquid to matte. the lip swatch doesn't even do it justice here. I even had to take a picture of the tube with flash to try to show you all how cool it is! The formula for these is spot on, it dries very quickly so you won't have to worry about pressing your lips together while you wait for it to dry. It isn't too drying and doesn't highlight all the dry skin on your lips like other similar products do. It's pretty long lasting, maybe needing a little touch up here and there after eating. What do you think of these colors? (Particularly "Star Struck") Is anyone else as intrigued by it as I am?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3 
The packaging is alright. The tubes are pretty standard amongst indie brands. 
Scent
Very pleasantly vanilla! 
Application
 These apply very nicely. I love that they don't cling to my dry patches like similar formulas.
Pigmentation
 4
It may take a few coats depending on which shade you get. 
Comfort
These aren't my favorite liquid lipstick formula- I prefer moussey and light formulas. 
Longevity
 Extremely long lasting.
Dupability (Originality)
 Somewhere in the middle here. Pinks and reds are overplayed for me, but I love the iridescent shimmer in "Star Struck."

Overall Score: 4.1

No comments:

Post a Comment