Friday, February 20, 2015

NYX High Voltage Lipstick Review


When we saw that NYX came out with a whole line of new lipsticks we knew we HAD to ty them. We will be sharing swatches of all 22 colors, but let's be real, 22 swatches weren't going to fit in one post. So first we are sharing the nudes and browns! Color wise I love these because a few of them are really unique (in the drugstore world) with how "greige" they are. First thing I noticed while applying is that they don't have the signature NYX scent! They actually almost smell like MAC lipsticks. They're extremely creamy and apply sort of like a very pigmented MAC cremesheen. The wear on these wasn't bad! Instead of wearing off it just sort of settled and mattified on my lips after a few hours. The only thing that didn't WOW me is the packaging. The slim tube and lipstick do allow precise application though. We can't wait to show you more colors! 



Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3 
 The NYX High Voltage lipsticks come in a slim line tube, which I like. What I don't care for is the clear tops which give me the drugstore vibe.
Scent
What I love about NYX is that even the unscented products are just that- unscented. The lack of added scent doesn't make them stinky. 
Application
 These apply so nice and creamy. I do find that the finishes are a little inconsistent- some are more sheer than others.
Pigmentation
 As mentioned above, some shades are more sheer than others.
Comfort
5
 Very comfortable!
Longevity
 These last about as long as any creamy drugstore lipstick.
Dupability (Originality)
 A few shades are dupes for popular MAC lipsticks, but I'm loving this wide range of colors.

Overall Score: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment