Sunday, March 1, 2015

M.U.A.D Cosmetics Mineral Makeup & Glitter Review


Okay, I hate to be the beauty blogger who just loves everything (it's so hard when you love makeup this much) so I'm working on providing more constructive criticism in our reviews. That being said- I can't help it.. I just LOVE this mineral makeup and glitter we tested from M.U.A.D Cosmetics. They come with a pretty generous amount in loose pigmented sifter jars ranging from $8-$12. The mineral makeup all pretty much dupe MAC pigments (so stay tuned for those swatches) and the glitter is all so beautiful (but when is glitter not?). Villain and Knight were our absolute favorites! They are more beautiful in person. I guess my criticisms would be that these do have quite a bit of fall out when you apply them because they are loose, but I find MAC pigments to be the same way. I also don't care for the pots they come in, it gets a little messy shaking product out of three little holes into the lid. Moving on- the mineral makeup was applied over a primer and the glitter was applied over Violet Voss glitter adhesive. What is GREAT about this brand is you can order samples of the colors you want to try for.. Get this.. $1. I don't know exactly how much you get in a sample, but I have no problem testing a new brand that's comparable to MAC for $1. What do you think of these colors?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 5
 The jars were of a nice size.
Scent
N/A 
 Not applicable.
Application
 4
Loose pigments always give me hell in terms of fallout. 
Pigmentation
 Great color payoff, some even applied better than MAC.
Comfort
The pigments weren't felt once applied, but as you know, glitter is glitter. 
Longevity
Use a primer! 
Dupability (Originality)
1
The main problem is that these aren't very unique. I'm sure you can spot a few MAC dupes just by looking at these swatches. 


Overall Score: 4.2

No comments:

Post a Comment