Friday, March 13, 2015

Wet n' Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color Review


Okay I grabbed one of these Wet n' Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color's a while ago and after just swatching it I didn't want to touch it again. I completely lost interest because I felt like the more I layered it, the more it just streaked the product sheerer and sheerer. I decided that for that reason I should review these for you. At least if you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed. When I got the rest of the shades (I'm missing one which is pink), I threw one on so I could tell you what they're like on. You guys, it's like a completely different product when I put it on my lips! I applied "Timeless Chick" and blotted my lips together and really.. Didn't hate it. They're not extremely pigmented and I think a better name for them would be "velvet balm." It would be more telling of the sheerer finish. It's not at all buildable so no, a few more swipes wouldn't give you better payoff. They smell sort of like crayons with cinnamon which is weird but I didn't notice it when I wore it. It wore off after a few hours and it's not something I'd advise reapplying without a mirror since it streaks and you'll need to blot your lips together 'til it's even. Have any of you tried these? What are your thoughts?

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3 
 SO, I LOVE the slim chubby pencil style of these tubes! What I don't love is how little product they hold. When melting these down to fit into lip palettes with other traditional lipsticks, there was hardly any product to fill the pan.
Scent
As with most WNW lipsticks, these don't have much of a scent. They are SLIGHTLY more ingredient like than the others, but nothing too noticeable. 
Application
 As mentioned above, these apply somewhat streaky and we think they are more like a velvety balm, than a velvety matte lip color.
Pigmentation
 I definitely don't reach for these when I'm wanting a pigmented matte lip.
Comfort
 What these DO have going for them is that they are very velvety and comfortable on the lips.
Longevity
 These are not a very long lasting lipstick.
Dupability (Originality)
 The colors are unique for a drugstore line, and I don't own many products like this.

Overall Score: 3.4 

No comments:

Post a Comment