Monday, April 20, 2015

Gerard Cosmetics Lip Gloss Review


We're always talking about our love for Gerard Cosmetics lipstick colors but haven't really talked about the glosses! I'm not sure why, because I actually reach for the glosses more than the lipsticks. We did some arm swatch charts to ease your shopping, but will of course provide you with lip swatches in the future so you can see what they look like on. Anyway, onto the review! The glosses are seriously incredibly moisturizing on your lips and come in a wide range of colors ( I mean come on, they even have black and white glosses)! Some of them are more pigmented than others, and I'd consider those to be more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss (Rose Hill, Raspberry Sherbert, Plum Crazy, Wild Orchid, and Bermuda are all crazy pigmented). These happen to actually be some of my favorites so it's obvious that the pigment doesn't effect the integrity of the product. I think one of the best things about these ist hat they aren't sticky (nothing like the terrible stickiness of MAC lipglass). As for scent, I can't really detect much of one. For a split second during swatching I thought I caught a whiff of a very faint fruit punch smell, but it disappeared. so these don't have much of a scent, which is nice, and way better than having an overwhelming one! If I HAD to change something, I might give them a sweet vanilla scent, but that's just my personal preference! All in all, these glosses are amazing! I've received so many compliments on the colors and twice as many compliments on the packaging. There's nothing better than the look you get when you pull out the lighted wand and start applying the product in the mirror on the side of the tube. These are $24 a piece which is a bit pricey, but we currently have an amazing discount where you can get any four lip products for $39- this makes each product $9.75! Details below!

Swatches of a few Gerard Cosmetics lipsticks, lip glosses, and a combination of the two.


We currently have a discount code available to our followers where you can get any 4 lip products for $39 from www.gerardcosmetics.com! This makes each product $9.75 a piece! Just shop lip bundles > select the "just 4 you" bundle > choose your colors > enter code "dupe4you" at checkout to receive your discount!

We also have a discount code available to our followers where you can get any 2 lip products for $20 from www.gerardcosmetics.com! This makes each product $10 a piece! Just shop lip bundles > select the "create your own lip combo" bundle > choose your colors > enter code "dupethat2lips" at checkout to receive your discount!

We also have a discount code available for our followers where you can get 30% off your entire purchase on www.gerardcosmetics.com when you enter the code "dupe4you30" at checkout!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
4 
This is hard because the lighted wands are AMAZING! Every company should do this! BUT, I have had a few of my glosses leak from the lids if stored improperly. 
Scent
There is no detectable scent from these. I would have loved a nice buttercream scent to keep me reaching for these. 
Application
 I don't love the lighter shades on me as they seem a tad streaky, but I absolutely love the sheer, mid-toned and darker glosses.
Pigmentation
 These vary in pigmentation. There are definitely a few that are more like liquid lipsticks with how bright they are.
Comfort
 These feel amazing on the lips. Incredibly moisturizing and non-sticky.
Longevity
These have a typical longevity for a gloss. 
Dupability (Originality)
 Definitely some different and non-dupable shades.

Overall Score: 4



No comments:

Post a Comment