Saturday, June 6, 2015

Melt Cosmetics Lipsticks Review


So our personal preference would usually be to pair a shade this light with a liner, but for our swatches we like to use nothing but the product being featured- so you can see what they're really all about! We decided to swatch one of our favorite shades from Melt Cosmetics "Darling," and pair it with a lil' mini review for you! We LOVE Melt Cosmetics lipsticks and their unique shades, but I definitely recommend being a matte lip lover as these babies are ULTRA matte. They may drag a little during application due to their dryness but once you warm your lipstick up it will apply smoothly and look amazing. What is your favorite Melt shade?!


Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3
I love Melt's matte black tubes to depict their ultra matte finish, but something about the tubes is a little off. More than half of my Melt lipsticks either wiggle around in the tubes or completely fall out.
Scent
 I'm not the biggest fan of Melt lipstick's scent. It's a strange mix of vanilla, cake, frosting, coconut, and ingredients (crayon-like). I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's just a strange mix to me.
Application
 Melt lipsticks apply very dry to me. They are supposed to be "warmed up," which makes me feel like it's a little high maintenance for my liking.
Pigmentation
 4
 Very pigmented and ultra matte. They do apply a little patchy but I think that's more of formula issue than a pigmentation issue.
Comfort
 5
Although they are ultra matte, I don't find them to be too drying and I know I don't have to worry about them moving. 
Longevity
4
In terms of longevity, Melt's lipsticks will last on the lips for a while, especially when paired with a good liner. 
Dupability (Originality)
Most of the shades are pretty easy to dupe. 

Overall Score: 3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment