Saturday, July 4, 2015

Loreal Lumi Powder Glow Illuminators Review


So we've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the new L'orĂ©al Lumi Powder Glow Illuminators so we thought we'd share our thoughts. I actually really like these! Most of the complaints I've seen were about huge glitter chunks falling down your face. I didn't have that problem with the two lighter shades but "Golden" definitely has bigger glitter pieces in it which I don't love- it actually makes it more difficult to blend evenly. Again, the lighter colors performed wonderfully for me and seem much more finely milled. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyway, I think these are a great buy for a drugstore highlight, and would definitely recommend them with use of a primer and setting spray. They range from $7.79 (currently at Ulta) to $12.99 (the price I purchased them for at Walgreens with a bogo free sale). I think "Rose" is a great universal shade that will compliment all skin tones, so if these are something you've been wanting to try, I'd definitely recommend this shade! 


Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 3
 The packaging is a simple square compact and the product inside has a nice design. I rate these a little lower for packaging because of the sticker that is used to keep the compact sealed. It leaves a sticky residue behind and actually peeled some color off of my compacts.
Scent
 N/A
 Not applicable.
Application
 3
 These apply okay. Golden definitely has the most chunky glitter out of any of them, which produces massive fallout on the face.
Pigmentation
4
 Very pigmented.
Comfort
 4 
 You don't feel these once applied, but I rate it slightly lower for the anxiety it causes when worrying if glitter has fallen down your face.
Longevity
 These are just okay in terms of longevity. I'd definitely use a face primer when using these and a setting spray if possible.
Dupability (Originality)
 These aren't as finely milled as a lot of high end highlighters, but the shades are pretty similar.

Overall Score: 3.3

No comments:

Post a Comment