Sunday, September 20, 2015

MAC 187SE Dual Fibre Face Brush Dupes

So the MAC 187 is a dual fibre face brush made with a mixture of goat hair and synthetic bristles. This makes it work well for both applying cream products, and lightly blending out powders. The 187 that I have is the SE, which just means it's a special edition, which I purchased as part of a holiday set. I know they also released an SE version of this brush in the Riri hearts MAC collection, which is all I could find price wise (both the permanent 187 and the 187SE look like they were sold for $42 - I'm not sure what mine was as it was in a set). One complaint that I have with this brush is that it sheds like crazy, and upon further investigation, most people had this problem. So, I have an alternative for you. The Morphe G22 is a dual fiber foundation brush, but is actually made of all synthetic bristles. This means it's ideal for cream products such as foundation, and the design of the brush will blend it out nicely. I also have never had any shedding with this particular brush. Although it's not quite the same as the MAC 187, it's a great alternative for those who don't like to use natural hair brushes. If you use strictly powder products, this brush is not for you. I hope this comparison was helpful and opened your eyes to which dual fiber brush works best for you! If you'd like to give Morphe a try, you can use the code "dupethat" online and in store to save 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment