Saturday, February 28, 2015

DollyMoo Pink Himalayan Salt Facial Scrub Review


We received a lot of positive feedback from our DollyMoo Review regarding their body scrubs and body oils, so we decided to share a few more DollyMoo products with you all, especially since a lot of you have mentioned you'd love to see some skin care reviews! I'm not going to get into "about the company" since I explained a lot of that in our last DollyMoo review, I'm just going to dive right into it! To give you all a little background on my skin care routine- won't take very long because it's pretty simple. I stick to St. Ives apricot facial scrub pretty much everyday for my face wash, it's treated me pretty well and I rarely get break outs. My skin care routine after face wash is a whole different story. Anyway, we tried DollyMoo's Pink Himalayan Salt Facial Scrub and it's pretty intense! It's a lot more rough than my typical St. Ives, but like I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of really rough exfoliating products, gets the job done! The roughness literally lasts a few seconds though as the salt dissolves almost instantly which leaves you just massaging the soft ingredients into your face. Once you rinse it off, it leaves a nice moisturizing feel to your skin. It doesn't feel too oily, but it does cause water to kind of bead off. I do have pretty sensitive skin and when I've tried to switch facial products in the past, it causes me to get a few blemishes here and there. I waited a week or so after trying the face scrub to write this review so I can let you know if it caused any blemishes- it didn't! Phew. I do think it's a little pricey (especially for a smaller size than I was expecting) but I am willing to pay the price for handmade, natural goodness (a little goes a long way too!). I'm not going to explain TOO much into the calming, healing, and muscle butters pictured here because they are a little unrelated to our page, but I will just touch on them. They are small jars of good smelling butters with different purposes. My favorites are the calming butter which smells like lavender (a favorite scent of mine), and the healing butter which I actually found worked to help headaches if you rub it on your temples (I was pretty impressed). What do you think of the facial scrub? Does it sound like something you'd like to try?! 

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 Small frosty glass jars. I just wish it held more product.
Scent
 It smells fine, but I don't reach for it for the scent. It's salty, herby, essential oil-y. I can't pinpoint an exact scent.
Application
It's hard to determine how much you need, while trying not to use up all of the product in the small jar. 
Pigmentation
N/A 
Not applicable.
Comfort
The himalayan salt chunks are very edgy and sharp, but melt within seconds. 
Longevity
The product itself leaves your skin moisturized for a long time, but the product is so small that it didn't last me too long. 
Dupability (Originality)
 Very unique, handmade pink himalayan salt scrub.

Overall Score: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment