Wednesday, February 4, 2015

MBA Cosmetics Lip Color Review


Gosh, this must be a good day to review products, guys! I can't think of any negatives of the last few products I've been trying! That being said, we recently tried out some colors from MBA Cosmetics and can't stop gushing about them. After testing these out all day (and trust me, it can be tedious and irritating to do lip swatches all day) I was so happy and couldn't wait to try the next color! We tried out the sample sizes, which are little quarter sized clamshells that hold the product, and let me say, a little goes a long way. I think if I were to try more colors I would prefer the sample sizes because they seem like they'll take me a while to get through, they allow me to apply product with a brush (I used a little OCC brush which I personally prefer), and you can try three colors for $4. You can also try their colors in different tube sizes ranging from $5-$7.50, but I can't speak on those because I haven't tried them yet! One thing we really love about this product is that in the jar, it's like a soft, airy, mousse type product. It's kind of indescribable. It's so creamy when applied and doesn't cake on your lips. It just feels really light and amazing. I think these would be an AWESOME addition to any MUA's kit because of the samll size, how build-able they are, and the fact that they can be mixed easily. However, you don't have to be a MUA to enjoy these. I'm not! And I love the variety of colors and can't wait to test more. Anyway, I think the swatches speak for themselves. Stay tuned for swatches of some more MBA colors.


Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
2 
 So, I don't have a problem with the little clamshells. They are affordable and great for sampling. I also really love that the product is of a nice, whipped consistency when potted. But, this isn't something I'd reach for to show off to people.
Scent
 Not much of a scent.
Application
 With these, it depends how skilled you are with a lip brush because these are potted. I actually prefer applying with a lip brush because I feel like I have more control.
Pigmentation
 These are amazingly pigmented.
Comfort
 Like I said, the potted lipsticks have a moussey and airy consistency. I am OBSESSED with moussey lip products.
Longevity
 The lighter you apply this, the better it adheres to your lips and thus the longer it lasts.
Dupability (Originality)
 I think they have a great range of shades and some crazy awesome colors.

Overall Score: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment