Saturday, March 14, 2015

City Color Be Matte Lipsticks Review




Seriously everyone, City Color Cosmetics is killing it with their products. These are swatches of a few of their pinks from their "be matte" lipsticks. I guess photography isn't my calling because the photos don't at all capture how bright these colors are! A few of them are practically neon- like I should actually test them under a black light and see what happens! Other than the spot on colors, the formula is actually one of my favorite matte lipstick formulas. They seriously just glide over your lips. They start out a little dry, but once you get one good swipe in it's so heavenly! Another thing I love about these is that I feel like for a matte lipstick (or any finish for that matter), they don't cling to dry skin at all. They actually make my lips look smoother! I don't know how they do it, but they are totally on (or above) the same level as a lot of high end matte lipsticks. By the way, I may sound like I'm ranting and raving, but you should know that we don't get paid to post these reviews. I guarantee you will love these matte lipsticks as much as we do! The ONLY (yes, only one) negative I can personally think of is the scent. They've got a slight crayon like scent to them, but it isn't noticeable once applied. If the scent was a little yummier, these would be on my lips and in my purse 24/7, and I wouldn't look back at any other lipsticks. Have you tried the "be matte" lipsticks?! I want to know all of your thoughts on these!

For a 15% off site wide discount on www.citycolorcosmetics.com, use code "DUPETHAT" at checkout!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 2
I don't love the packaging. They come in black, square, slim tubes. 
Scent
 3
I don't like the scent. They smell waxy and crayon-like. I didn't rate it lower because the scent fades as soon as you apply it, so it isn't noticeable except when in the tube. 
Application
 5
 These apply incredibly smooth and even. It even surprised me how well they performed!
Pigmentation
 4
 Very pigmented matte lipsticks which can be built up with more swipes.
Comfort
 5
 These are smooth and creamy feeling for a matte lipstick.
Longevity
 5
 I find these to be incredibly long lasting for a standard lipstick.
Dupability (Originality)
 4
 A lot of these shades are actually extremely unique, but a few of them can be compared to MAC matte lipsticks.

Overall Score: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment