Saturday, March 14, 2015

Silk Naturals Brow Powder/Cream Review


If you're like us, you're constantly trying new products to revamp your brow routine. We tried out a few different brow items from Silk Naturals and are seriously loving these (vegan) brow powders! We also tried their brow creams (not pictured). To be honest, I didn't care for the brow creams. They were a little tough and difficult to work with. They just weren't for me. the brow powders are really great, though! They come in a little 5 gram sifter jar but I think that one might actually last me forever. The two of us both have blonde hair, so we'll be using and abusing the top five colors until we find out perfect shades. These powders stay put really well it actually required met o give a little extra oomph with my makeup remover wipe to get off (that was without a primer)! I tap a little product into the lid and applied it with an angle brush, during my typical brow routine. I was really happy with the results! We think that these are a great, affordable alternative to some high end brands out there, running at only $4.50 a piece! I encourage you to check them out and give the brow powders a try! If you love it, you will save tons of money on brow products in the long run, not to mention you'll be supporting a small but growing business. If you hate it, well, you'll only be out $4.50. Have you ever tried any Silk Naturals products? What are your thoughts?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
2 
This was one of the only negatives of the product. We received what I believe are sample sizes, so the pots are small and not very visually appealing. However, I feel like these pots have lasted me FOREVER, and I don't foresee them being used up anytime soon (and I use these powders on a daily basis)! 
Scent
N/A 
 Not applicable.
Application
3.5 
 So although the colors are just fine and apply nicely, they are a loose brow powder so there is a little fallout. I recommend doing your brows before your eyeshadow (I always do this regardless, but, just saying!) just so powder fallout doesn't mess up your pretty eyeshadow!
Pigmentation
Just as pigmented as I'd like my eyebrow products to be. 
Comfort
5
 No problems here.
Longevity
Definitely long lasting and even a little difficult to remove. 
Dupability (Originality)
 There aren't many loose powder brow products out there!

Overall Score: 4.3

1 comment:

  1. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!
    Brow Powder
    https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

    ReplyDelete