Sunday, May 10, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Limited Edition Artist Palette Review


Okay, you asked for our swatches & review so you've got it! The Anastasia Beverly Hills LE Artist Palette is still available in some stores! I'm not typically one for bright and shimmery eye shadows but when I opened this I was in love! A lot of people have asked if it's "chalky." The best way for me to answer that is that the eye shadows aren't all consistent. Some are smoother than others. But, if you use a primer like I did here, then they'll all perform great! The shimmery colors are the smoothest. "Phresh" and "Dusty Rose" didn't glide as smoothly. I kind of wish that "Coal" was replaced with something cooler *stares off into a pile of black eye shadows that I've never used.* I really do love this palette though. It inspires me to play with color and I think the value is great at $30 for 12 colors.

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 5
Adorable artsy and colorful graphic on cover, comes with a dual-end brush which makes it easy to travel with.
Scent
 N/A
No scent. 
Application
 4
A little inconsistent application amongst shades. Some shades apply dryer than others, while some apply more velvety and pigmented than others, but all in all very easy to work with.
Pigmentation
 4
Most of these shades are crazy pigmented. A few shades lacked desirable color payoff. 
Comfort
 5
No discomfort caused from these. 
Longevity
 5
Very high quality eye shadows with long lasting results. Would recommend! 
Dupability (Originality)
4
Most shades (and paletting these shades together) come off as extremely original to me. I love the bold and bright colors, but wish that the black could have been replaced by something else. 

Overall Score: 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment