Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lunatick Cosmetics Apocalipstick Review


We've got a fun filled day of reviews and comparisons for you so put on your swatch pants and get ready! Wait.. What? Anyway, here's a little mini review on the new Lunatick Cosmetics Apocalipsticks! Ever since I came home to these in the mail last night I have been obsessing. First, and most obvious, the packaging is the most badass packaging I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the reactions when I pull that matte black bullet out of my purse and apply. Even if the colors weren't great, I probably would have bought these just for the packaging. But they are! The colors are everything I could ever want! "Cinderhella" is definitely very "Heaux"/"Dark Room" esque so stay tuned for those comparisons. The nudes are gorgeous and mauvey, right up my alley. I love that Lunatick could have gone with something totally crazy for colors and chose beautiful, yet unique shades that are totally wearable for everyone. They don't have much of a scent, maybe a slight crayon like scent but it's very faint and that one con is crushed by the rest of the pros. What do you think of these must have lipsticks?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
 They knocked this one out of the park. I'm obsessed with this packaging.
Scent
 I don't reach for these for the scent. If anything is detectable, it's a slight waxy scent that is a little crayon like. 
Application
These apply nice and creamy. 
Pigmentation
 Very pigmented lipsticks.
Comfort
5
 These are very comfortable. They are nice and creamy but also stay put.
Longevity
Very long lasting and similar to the longevity of MAC matte lipsticks. 
Dupability (Originality)
 Cinderhella is a color that we've seen a few times but the nudes are completely unique. I love all of these shades.

Overall Score: 4.3

No comments:

Post a Comment