Sunday, May 17, 2015

MAC Wash & Dry Collection Review

Here are the limited edition lipstick shades from MAC Wash & Dry. I'm extremely unimpressed with these colors. Tumble Dry is adorable in the tube but wears horribly. It's extremely sheer but streaks while clinging to every single dry patch. I had to exfoliate my lips multiple times to get a decent swatch. Steam Heat has great color payoff but isn't really anything super special. I personally don't like this shade of red in any formula other than matte. So this is a miss for me. Luckily, I didn't care what colors were inside those Limited Edition tubes. Total collectors items! Did you get either of these? What did you think?

Here are swatches of the lipglasses and highlighting powder from the MAC Wash & Dry collection. I have to say, I love all of the gloss colors with the exception of "Domestic Diva." It's really just a plain pink with some fine glitter in it and it leaves much to be desired. I actually prefer the frostiness of "Girl on Board" when it comes to lipglass. However, the bolder shades were the real stars of the show! Let's talk about the highlighting powder.. I'm confused why it's considered a highlighting powder when the shimmery highlight is actually an overspray. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful peachy shade, but will definitely be used as a blush (especially since me swatching it got rid of most of the shimmer). If you're still interested in these items (and why wouldn't you be because the packaging is incredible), all lipglasses are STILL AVAILABLE on the MAC, Macy's, and Nordstrom websites. "Freshen Up" is sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment