Monday, May 18, 2015

Kami Cosmetics Review


Here are swatches of a few different items we tried from Kami Cosmetics! Let me start by saying, I apologize if this review isn't very well rounded; I only tried the items and shades pictured, so maybe they have other products (or shades) that I'm totally missing out on. If you've tried something you love from Kami, let me know! The product that I REALLY loved was the lipgloss! It's a gorgeous cranberry shade called "Soaked" which is reminiscent of "Berry Me" and "Craft" in a lip gloss, and is just about the same pigmentation, and overall quality you'd get from Anastasia glosses (the tubes even look alike). It's truly great and I can see myself wearing it all the time. With that being said, I didn't care for the other two products. The liquid matte smooch shade "Reboot" was also an extremely gorgeous color, I just don't think that the tube it's in does the formula justice. The formula is very similar to soft matte lip creams, but the brush wand applies it very streaky and uneven. I also didn't care for the blue lip paint, it left much to be desired as far as pigmentation goes. Also, I don't know if I've displayed the correct product, so correct me if I'm wrong! When I was searching the site for prices for you guys, the shade "Navy" didn't appear (that's what mine says). I'm assuming it's the gloss in the shade "Sailor's Wife." The prices also seem a bit outrageous for my wallet, but I can totally understand and appreciate why growing beauty brands need to have their prices a little higher than usual! All in all, I would definitely recommend the "Soaked" lip gloss to makeup enthusiasts. I know the majority of our followers are here because they appreciate affordable brands, but then again, I know there's some of you who can suck up the cost to support smaller businesses. Again, tell me if there's something I HAVE to try from Kami Cosmetics! I'd love to hear your input!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
 The packaging is beautiful and high quality. The lip gloss tubes are almost identical to Anastasia Beverly Hills lip glosses.
Scent
 Delicious vanilla.
Application
The blue gloss and the liquid matte smooch applied uneven and patchy. I would not recommend these. 
Pigmentation
 Very pigmented products. Especially the gloss!
Comfort
No complaints in regards to comfiness. 
Longevity
It depends on the product, but the glosses last about as long as Anastasia's, and the liquid matte smooch's are about as long lasting as NYX soft matte lip creams. 
Dupability (Originality)
 They make a variety of beautiful shades.


Overall Score: 4.1

No comments:

Post a Comment