Monday, June 15, 2015

Makeup Monsters Liquid Lipstick Review


We've shared a few liquid lipsticks from Makeup Monsters ($13.95) as dupes, but we have yet to review them! So, *drumroll* here's swatches of our Makeup Monsters liquid lipstick collection! First off, let me begin by saying I typically prefer standard lipstick to liquid lipstick, BUT, we are completely obsessed with this formula. It is SO LIGHT and COMFY on the lips! Unlike most liquid lipsticks, you can hardly tell you're wearing anything at all. It is very comparable to the lightness of Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipsticks (one of our favorite formulas). They aren't sticky, crumbly, staining, and they are incredibly easy to take off. They aren't AS long lasting as some other comparable products, but they wear off nicely and are easier to touch up than most (aka you don't have to completely scrub these off your lips and apply a whole new coat to "touch up"). They really are a low maintenance liquid lipstick, which I LOVE! The packaging is cute. I don't usually love indie beauty brands packaging but there's something so adorable about the monster girls pictured on the tubes. Have you tried any liquid lipsticks from Makeup Monsters? Tell me what you think in the comments! 

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
So, the liquid lipsticks that we have from Makeup Monsters are all in Indie tubes with printed monster labels, which is totally fine! I actually find the labels to be adorable. They have since stepped up their game and have new and improved, shorter and thicker tubes, that look similar to Dose of Colors and Jeffree Star Cosmetics. 
Scent
 Not much of one!
Application
 These apply great. Some shades are streakier than others.
Pigmentation
 Deeper shades seem to be more pigmented than others.
Comfort
4.5 
 Extremely comfortable on the lips! They aren't my FAVORITE formula (the ones that I consider my favorites are extremely whipped and moussey feeling), but they are WAY up there.
Longevity
These wipe off pretty easily with a makeup remover wipe. I like my liquid lipsticks to be comfier and less adhering, though. 
Dupability (Originality)
 What I love about Makeup Monsters is that they have an outstanding range of shades. Some colors are unlike anything I've seen before!

Overall Score: 3.9

No comments:

Post a Comment