Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Body Needs Lip Lusters Review


Okay, so here is our first set of swatches of lip lusters we've tried from the The Body Needs (ALL HANDMADE AND CRUELTY FREE)! So the packaging of these is very simple- slim line tubes with plain labels. However, it was made clear to us that they cut costs on packaging in order to focus on the product inside and to keep prices affordable for customers. Even as a packaging snob, I find that to be a pretty cool concept. These smell like grape Jolly Rancher's to me, and I actually really love that about them! I feel like I'm wearing a mixture of lipsmacker and lipstick. The colors are really pretty (only a handful of them are swatched here). Some of them are pretty sheer, but they are also very buildable. They last about as long as a MAC lipstick with a creamy finish, but are a million times more moisturizing. They leave my lips feeling incredibly nourished even after they've worn off. The only thing I didn't like about these was how soft they can get. I wouldn't recommend these for guys or gals in extremely hot climates as they may melt on your lips and be a bit messy to apply. I had this problem OUTSIDE when I was in the sun (it was also a very hot day) but had very different results inside. Indoors, in a normal temperature, these apply like a dream, and feel even better if you toss them in the freezer for a few.  If you'd like to try out some shades from the Body Needs, we've put an easy accessible link in our bio for you! You also can get 20% off your purchase (by the way, each lip luster is $2.79) when you use the code "DT20" at checkout. Have you ever tried anything from The Body Needs? What are your thoughts?!




Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 1
 The packaging is simple slim line tubes with printed brand labels. I do like how cutting back on the packaging cuts down on costs for these, keeping them affordable.
Scent
 These smell just like an artifical grape flavor to me. I'm obsessed with this scent!
Application
Some of these were melty, and therefore uneven upon application. 
Pigmentation
 Some shades are more pigmented than others.
Comfort
5
These are creamy and comfortable on the lips. They are definitely something I can keep in my purse to continue using effortlessly during the day. 
Longevity
 These are incredibly smooth and soft. They do not last very long, a few hours tops. Similar to the longevity of a MAC lustre.
Dupability (Originality)
3
This brand does have a TON of shades, but some of them are super similar to MAC. 

Overall Score: 3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment