Friday, July 3, 2015

DNA Cosmetics Pop of Color Lipsticks Review


Here are swatches of some of the DNA Cosmetics (an Etsy shop) Pop of Color lipsticks ($8.50). I'm really intrigued by the shades they carry. There are so many crazy and bold colors for those who aren't afraid to rock them. The lighter colors didn't work well for me. I found them patchy and dry, but the brighter/darker colors all apply really nicely and feel a tad creamier. They all leave a matte to semi matte finish. I'm actually impressed with the formula and pigmentation (again, mostly by the brighter shades) for the price. What I don't like about these is the scent. They're a bit too powdery/florally for my taste, so if a scent like that bothers you, these aren't for you. If you are wanting to step outside your comfort zone and try out a bold colored lip, try one out! If you have tried these, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
2 
 Plain black tubes with silver trim, nothing special.
Scent
Agh, I'm sorry. I can't handle overpowering scents and these are very florally for my taste. 
Application
 Lighter shades do not apply as well as the brighter and darker shades.
Pigmentation
The pigmentation of the brighter shades is very impressive! 
Comfort
Lighter colors apply dryer while the brighter colors apply creamier. 
Longevity
 These are okay in terms of longevity.
Dupability (Originality)
 Some of the colors are incredibly bold and outrageous, which I love! They are similar to Lime Crime Unicorn lipsticks, but are also not quite dupes.


Overall Score: 2.6

No comments:

Post a Comment