Thursday, July 30, 2015

J Cat Beauty Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stain Review


Here are our swatches of all 14 of the new J Cat Beauty Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stains! We LOVE these! They are affordable at $5.99 a piece and are almost identical in application, pigmentation, comfort, and scent to the OCC Lip Tars. When I first swatched these I immediately noticed a similarity between these and the NYX Intense Butter Glosses, but once I broke it down and did some more comparing, they are definitely more similar to the lip tars down to the wet, non sticky mint scented formula. The things I don't love about these are the same things I don't love about lip tars; It's easy to apply too much product and they are very wet which makes the chances high that they could get on your teeth. (Also, I totally agree that some of these names are pretty strange). But, if you LOVE OCC Lip Tar and/or NYX Intense Butter Glosses, give these a try! Be sure to look for the adorable bottles that can be easily mistaken for nail polish (I love the bottles for being slightly unconventional). What are your thoughts?!


Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
 5
I actually really love this packaging. They look like lil' nail polishes which isn't something you'd expect! 
Scent
 These smell minty just like OCC lip tars.
Application
4
Be careful not to apply too much product! 
Pigmentation
 Very pigmented.
Comfort
 These are very comfortable and non-sticky. The only thing I don't love is that they're super wet, so be careful when talking or eating. They can be easily removed or touch your teeth.
Longevity
 I don't reach for these for longevity. These wipe right off.
Dupability (Originality)
The formula is almost an exact dupe for OCC lip tars, but the colors are pretty different. 

Overall Score: 3.9

No comments:

Post a Comment