Sunday, August 2, 2015

Girlactik Matte Lip Paint Review


My list of favorite formulas grew a little larger once I tested out Girlactik's matte lip paints. You all know that I'm a sucker for moussey, creamy, soft liquid lipstick formulas- and these are just that. Before I get into that, let me begin by saying all of the colors are gorgeous. There isn't anything too crazy, and they're all insanely beautiful and wearable. They knew just what they were doing when creating their shades. "Starlet" is my favorite, but it was INCREDIBLY hard to choose.. I mean.. You're seeing these swatches, right? Okay, back to formula! They're light during application and upon drying, and although they remain incredibly pigmented, they dry to more of a stain. When I say stain, i mean that they dry incredibly comfy on your lips and don't leave you with any sort of heavy-feeling or discomfort. Even if these didn't smell like delicious frosting, I'd still be reaching for them for every day wear. What are your thoughts on Girlactik matte lip paints?! Are they a holy grail beauty item for you, too? 



Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
Are you kidding? 100, hands down. Frosted tubes with a gunmetal cap, kept safe in lovely damask print boxes. 
Scent
You all know I'm a sucker for that buttercream scent. 
Application
 These all apply heavenly! No streaks, patchiness, or dry spots. 
Pigmentation
4
These could be more pigmented for a liquid lipstick. As mentioned, they dry to more of a stain, so they do not provide FULL coverage. But, the coverage is also pretty great.  
Comfort
 The stain like coverage make these extremely comfy on the lips. They have a super light, moussey texture which feels like you're wearing nothing at all.
Longevity
3.5
 These will last for several hours and will fade really nice and naturally. They aren't as transfer proof as a lot of liquid lipsticks on the market. Even after drying, color can still off- but it does take some force. 
Dupability (Originality)
4.5 
 The colors aren't every color of the rainbow, but the dusty, rosey, and neutral shades are a nice change of pace. I find these shades to be incredibly unique and stunning.

Overall Score: 4.6

3 comments:

  1. i looking for review about shade posh but, I cant find it, so what do you think, is it good for tanned skin like me with dark lips :(
    All lipstick that I have ever try end with pink, do u think posh will looks pink too in my lips? thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looking for review about shade posh but, I cant find it, so what do you think, is it good for tanned skin like me with dark lips :(
    All lipstick that I have ever try end with pink, do u think posh will looks pink too in my lips? thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think it would look beautiful i am an nc42 and absolutely love it.

      Delete