Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Johnny Concert Amplified Eyeshadow Review


We recently were sent a handful of the amplified eyeshadows from Johnny Concert (vegan & cruelty free) and wanted to share our thoughts with you guys! To be honest, my first impression wasn't great because they were a lot smaller than I was expecting. However, I can't really knock this review based on my expectations. The compacts hold 1.5g of product which is the same size as a MAC eyeshadow compact, and cost $13 compared to $16, so they are definitely not a bad price, and I don't think the price is necessarily bad for an indie makeup brand, either! I love supporting smaller, growing beauty brands! The product inside is really great. When I first rubbed my finger in the product to swatch it, it did feel a little dry, but these are actually packed with pigment and are super creamy. The creaminess of these makes them last for hours. The brand itself is adorable, and the names are also very cute, edgy, and fitting! Have you tried Johnny Concert amplified eyeshadows? What are your thoughts?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
4.5 
These eyeshadow compacts are a bit smaller than I was hoping (I was thinking that these would be pretty comparable to Kat Von D Metal Crush size), but the packaging is cute and petite. I like the clear tops so you can see the product inside and their font and logo is super cute. 
Scent
N/A 
 Not applicable.
Application
The first initial touch of finger to product doesnt yield the best result, and it feels a bit dry, but once you move your finger around it picks up a ton of pigment! They apply really opaque! 
Pigmentation
See response above! 
Comfort
You don't feel these on your lids. 
Longevity
These are super creamy and velvety and last all day. 
Dupability (Originality)
 The colors are actually very unique. Again, I was expecting to find dupes for Kat Von D Metal Crush shadows - but none of them were exact dupes. 

Overall Score: 4.8


No comments:

Post a Comment