Sunday, October 18, 2015

Mellow Cosmetics Creamy Matte Lipstick Review


So we were sent some lipsticks from Mellow Cosmetics ($12, cruelty free and vegan) to try out and had to tell you our thoughts! The packaging is kind of plain which is a big deal breaker for me. I would have liked some fancier tubes for a $12 lipstick, BUT the scent and color payoff are extremely nice! They smell like a muted MAC lipstick AKA a delicious vanilla. Although there are some staple colors like red, orange, and hot pink, there are also some unique colors like Nude, Passion, and Blossom. I'm obsessed with Passion because it totally gives me Pink Plaid vibes. We've actually compared some of these next to similar MAC colors which I'll share for those of you that are interested! Have you tried any products from Mellow? I'd love to know your thoughts!


Here's the comparisons of a few Mellow lipsticks next to some similar MAC shades. Also, my mistake, the prices listed are in NZD and these lipsticks are actually $12 USD. 

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3.5 
 The packaging is okay! They're just plain black tubes.
Scent
 These have a faint vanilla scent which is totally reminiscent of MAC lipsticks.
Application
 I think these all applied nicely! I probably wouldn't call them a creamy *matte* lipstick, but they are definitely soft and creamy.
Pigmentation
Very pigmented. 
Comfort
 I love how these feel on my lips - they are soft and comfy.
Longevity
3.5 
 I find these to last about as long as a MAC Cremesheen.
Dupability (Originality)
3.5 
As you can see, we found some MAC alternatives right off the bat!  

Overall Score: 4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment