Friday, March 27, 2015

Geek Chic Joysticks Review


So we tried these "Joystick" lipsticks from Geek Chic Cosmetics (vegan and cruelty free, also $5.99 each) and guys.. My first whiff of them was so heavenly! I don't know how to describe it, but it was like an intense caramel butterscotch like scent (later informed that it is butter cream) that is completely mouthwatering. It was a total positive for me personally but I could see how others might not be into that. However, not all of them had this scent! I'm not sure how the scent differs among colors, but the top row pictured here as well as "Sweet Transvestite" all had this delicious smell. I couldn't really pick up a scent with the others! Color wise, my favorites are "My Little Pwny" and "Nightlock," but maybe I just have an obsession with the color purple. I also really loved the sheerness of "Newb" and "Dreamland," and can see myself reaching for them on a daily basis or on days when I don't wear any makeup, just because they give a nice little bit of shimmer and have that amazing smell. These all apply really nice and creamy, but I feel like the darker colors apply slightly streaky (you can probably tell from the photos) just because of the creaminess. A lip primer might help this problem! They come in slim line tubes pictured above with super cute and nerdy themed packaging. We love that about these. It looks like these must have been hand poured into the tubes (I love that! I'm all about that handmade cosmetics life!) because they have little divots in the center. These divots did make them a little harder to apply but after I used it once I didn't have this problem. All in all, we do really like these lip products because of that yummy smell that some of them had, and the easy to apply slim tube packaging, and will pick up a few more lighter colors in the future! Have you tried any Geek Chic products?! Tell us your thoughts!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
3 
I think the slim line tubes make these easy to apply, and the printed labels are cute. 
Scent
Absolutely mouthwatering. 
Application
 Some shades are streakier than others- but that could be a result of the hand poured (I'm assuming) lipstick. They have divots in the middles which makes precise application difficult.
Pigmentation
 Pigment varies amongst shades.
Comfort
 Super moisturizing!
Longevity
 Maybe these don't last very long because I want to eat them off. They smell too good!
Dupability (Originality)
 As always, Geek Chic delivers a one of a kind product.

Overall Score: 3.9


No comments:

Post a Comment