Monday, May 18, 2015

The SoLa Look Lipsticks Review


These GORGEOUS lipsticks are from The SoLa Look (cruelty free)! They run $12 a piece and from the moment I pulled the tubes out of their boxes I fell in love. 1,000 points just for their cute packaging (adorable boxes with high quality black metal(?) tubes, names printed in hot pink on the side). Yes, you probably get it by now, I love cute packaging. Moving on. When I opened up the lipsticks, I not only fell in love with the shades, but with the curved tip that perfectly hugs your lips for an amazing application. Why don't more companies do this?! I included a photo in the bottom right of this collage because I love the shape THAT much. The shades I'm drooling over are "Gina" and "Vicky." "Gina" is the perfect mauvey pink, and "Vicky" is such a unique shimmery plum toned brown, I don't even know how to begin to describe it! I can only think of good things to describe these lipsticks. If I HAD to mention something negative, which I HIGHLY DOUBT this will happen to anyone else, is this: As you can imagine, the curved tip which is AMAZING for lips doesn't work so well when arm swatching. It definitely pulled strange on my arm and caused a couple to break in their tubes. AGAIN, if you use the lipstick for your lips (you know, what it's designed for), I highly doubt this will happen to you! Anyway, these are great and amazing. We're obsessing over here over this brand. Have you tried any of these lipsticks? Thoughts?!

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
 The black tubes are super durable and high quality, and these come in adorable boxes. I love how this brand dedicates so much to the packaging!
Scent
 No scent! 
Application
These lipsticks have a curved tip which hugs your lips and makes for an easy application. 
Pigmentation
 Very pigmented!
Comfort
 These are nice and creamy.
Longevity
These last for several hours. 
Dupability (Originality)
 I would have liked to see a wider range of colors - including some brights.

Overall Score: 4.3

No comments:

Post a Comment