Sunday, September 20, 2015

Black Moon Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick Review


Here are some swatches done by us over on our secondary account, @thelipswatch, of the gorgeous liquid lipsticks ($18 each) coming from Black Moon Cosmetics (vegan and cruelty free)! These were sent to us early to share with you guys, and will be launching this month. My favorite thing about these liquid lipsticks is the PACKAGING (if I could insert a heart eyes emoji here, I would). The tubes are black which fade to clear so you can clearly see the product inside. The artwork is incredible, and unlike any other products on the market. These tubes are badass enough to want to pull out in public, even if you don't need to reapply (which trust me, you won't). These are another one of our favorite moussey, light, comfy formulas. They take a few minutes to dry down, but once they do they're on there. They are incredibly comfortable while remaining transfer proof. I actually wore "Purgatory" during an eight hour shift, had several different beverages, ate an ice cream cone, and didn't need to touch up once. What I love about this formula is that if I wanted to take it off, I could. When I got back home I used a makeup remover wipe and it came off easily- no oils, scrubbing, or any other kind of painful tactic was needed to remove these. If you're looking for a new liquid lipstick to try out, or simply love supporting small businesses, I highly recommend trying out Black Moon Cosmetics. 

Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
 As mentioned above, the packaging is perfection. It's edgy and different which is also TOTALLY our style.
Scent
5
These give off a faint, but delicious smell of frosting. Mmm. 
Application
4
 These apply slightly patchy and streaky at first, and need a few layers of color to reach full opacity. 
Pigmentation
4.5 
 Once a few layers of these babies are on, they are incredibly pigmented.
Comfort
 Their airy, mousse-like formula is one of the softest and creamiest I've tried.
Longevity
These last all day!
Dupability (Originality)
2
 Okay, so, if I had to change anything about these it would be the color selection. We've already shared swatches comparing these to similar shades on the market, with nearly all of them being close to something else. I can't wait to see what beautiful and unique colors Black Moon has in store for us in the future!

Overall Score: 4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment