Sunday, September 20, 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick Review


Who are we that we haven't even shared a formal review of one of our favorite liquid lipsticks?! With that being said, our review for the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks is severely overdue. I believe we have every color, so we'll post swatches of them all for you in the near future. Right now, let's talk about the formula. It's an incredibly comfortable formula that is so light on the lips, that I forget that I'm actually wearing a liquid lipstick. Even though we always reach for comfy formulas, the main issue that they usually have is not being transfer-proof. Jeffree's formula gives you the best of both worlds. It's light and comfortable, while being smooch proof! I love being able to kiss bae at any moment, but most of my favorite formulas just don't allow it- these do! 

What I love most about Jeffree's line is the range of colors. There are the staples such as reds, nudes, and pinks, but there are also crazy, edgy shades including a handful of blues and a ce-mint (I'm going to go ahead and use that term to describe "Dirty Money," an upcoming shade that is a stunning mix of mint and slate). 

I have to admit, we are pretty experienced liquid lipstick wearers, but I do think this formula is perfect for beginners, as well. As we've mentioned above, I think these are one of the most incredible formulas, being comfortable AND transfer-proof, so it really leaves a good first impression when trying out liquid to matte lip colors. They're $18 a piece, but well worth the price.


Score card:

Category
Rating
Comments
Packaging
5 
 Jeffree's Velour Liquid Lipsticks are in thicker, shorter tubes similar to Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks. They have hot pink lids and just scream Jeffree Star.
Scent
3.5
 So, these don't have much of a scent. Although I am a sucker for sweet, vanilla scented products, scent can often alter a formula.. And why try to change something that is perfect?
Application
The doe-foot applicator in these is amazing. It's perfectly curved to hug your lips and yield a flawless application. 
Pigmentation
 These are one of the most pigmented liquid lipsticks I've tried. I often don't need more than one swipe of product.
Comfort
100 percent.
Longevity
These will last for several hours without touch-ups. 
Dupability (Originality)
4.5 
As mentioned above, there are some common shades such as pinks and reds. The amount of unique shades outweighs the common shades.

Overall Score: 4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment